Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Greetings all,
Sorry it has been so long since my last post.
I don't have any new photos to post yet as Blake has his camera, but here is some news.

We have baby chickens! Yes thats right more animals. I have always wanted chickens and the idea of fresh eggs in the morning is very appealing. They are all girls and they are called Zoe, Kayley and Inara. They are beautiful.

On Monday Hazel and I, with the help of Rose, held a stall at the opening of Bingara, an Aboriginal week long festival. We were given a stall by Robbie, the man who is now the first Aboriginal council member.

The stall was fantastic, we received lots of donations and were able to give many people advice on how to care for the wildlife in their area. Many people were interested in what we do and extremely surprised that we receive no government help. We were able to teach them heaps and hopefully they will tell others about what to do.

I took Wheels in to play and she was the star of the day. We had newspaper photographers and News cameras pointed at her all day. When I took her for a walk she was greeted by people saying "Hello there Wheels" even though I had never met them. Word spread pretty quickly that there was a beautiful Cockatoo in the wildlife stall and we were greeted by patrons of the day and office folk just coming in to see her.
The only downfall for the day was that it was freezing and windy. We could not escape the wind and Hazel and I have never been so cold. I did not stop shivering all day, I was even wearing a table cloth to try and keep warm. The people in the coffee shop looked after us though, they loved Wheels so much that they gave us free coffee. Oh and just to winge, parking cost me $40!! wow that was a hit to the donation tin.

I have recently decided to sell some of my photos on ebay for the group. Gemma this is where I may need your help in printing costs etc. I think it will be quite good.

Finally I would like to tell you that Troy and I have not only bought 3 chickens, we have also spent a fortune on our lovely new pet, Barbara. We haven't decided if it is male or female yet but the name seemed to fit. She/He is beautiful and I will tell you more about it when I have some photos. te he he.

Well thats it for now
Take care everyone and hope to see you all soon.

1 comment:

Gemma said...

oh course i help!! I will chat to you about it on the felly-tone (ala arthur weasley) about it..

great to hear the stall went well.. I so proud.. xxxxx